Generalist Architects. 5 to 9 years professional experience.
At DiMella Shaffer, our reputation for delivering design excellence is based on our ability to attract and retain creative, curious people who are eager to learn and grow within a collaborative environment.
We are seeking self-directed, thoughtful, generalist architects and designers with five to nine years of professional experience who possess proven technical skills. The successful candidates will be responsible for developing details in support of the design solution and establishing rapport with peers, consultants, and other design collaborators. Experience with multifamily, student living, science & technology, higher-education, and/or senior living projects is desired.
- Work collaboratively as a part of a high-performance multi-disciplinary team
- Engage in an iterative process of developing innovative, buildable, interior/exterior details in support of advancing the project concept
- Understand zoning regulations and permit process in general
- Develop project specific building code reviews
- Expertise with technical aspects of architectural detailing including but not limited to Best Practices, STC ratings, UL Ratings, and sustainable building requirements
- Assemble construction documents for a variety of project types.
- Comfort in working with specification writers to develop architectural specifications
- Lead consultant coordination
- Experience with all delivery methods for public and private clients
- Modeling and rendering skills in Sketch-Up /Lumion/REVIT and experience with energy modeling and day lighting tools are a plus.
- Degree in Architecture from accredited program
- Architectural Registration, or within two years of passing registration exams
- Advanced knowledge of Revit
- LEED accreditation a plus
More than 50% of DiMella Shaffer employees have been with the firm for more than 10 years. Why ? – Because we are an eclectic collection of diverse personalities who pride ourselves on having an open, supportive, and positive environment that rewards entrepreneurial spirit. While we are a firm that rewards working hard, we value the intricate balance that life demands.
We believe that thoughtful buildings positively influence our environment and the people who work, play, learn and live there. At the same time, we recognize that architecture is a craft, as well as, a business. And, that success is ultimately achieved through the balance of both. Emphasizing a pragmatic approach, we focus on innovative design thinking, high-performance teamwork, and proactive project management to ensure our vision meets each client’s budget, schedule, and goals.