Interior Designers. 3 to 5 years professional experience.
At DiMella Shaffer, our reputation for delivering design excellence is based on our ability to attract and retain creative, curious people who are eager to learn and grow within a collaborative environment.
We are seeking self-directed, thoughtful Interior Designers with three to five years of professional experience who possess proven technical skills. The successful candidate will be responsible for support and documentation of the design solution and establishing rapport with peers, consultants, and other design collaborators. Experience with corporate Interiors, student living, higher-education, and senior living projects, is desired.
- Work collaboratively as a part of a high-performance multi-disciplinary team
- Engage in an iterative process of design and possess the skills to demonstrate ideas graphically, either with computer or by hand, in support of advancing the project concept
- Experience with consultant coordination
- Knowledge of codes as they pertain to project scope
- Experience with furniture specifying, ordering and implementation
- Modeling and rendering skills in Sketch-Up /Lumion/REVIT modeling are a plus.
- Degree in Interior Design/Architecture from accredited program
- Advanced knowledge of Revit
- NCIDQ Certification a plus
- LEED accreditation a plus
More than 50% of DiMella Shaffer employees have been with the firm for more than 10 years. Why ? – Because we are an eclectic collection of diverse personalities who pride ourselves on having an open, supportive, and positive environment that rewards entrepreneurial spirit. While we are a firm that rewards working hard, we value the intricate balance that life demands.
We believe that thoughtful buildings positively influence our environment and the people who work, play, learn and live there. At the same time, we recognize that architecture is a craft, as well as, a business. And, that success is ultimately achieved through the balance of both. Emphasizing a pragmatic approach, we focus on innovative design thinking, high-performance teamwork, and proactive project management to ensure our vision meets each client’s budget, schedule, and goals.