We are seeking an enthusiastic and action-oriented HR Manager to create an enhanced employee experience and elevate the firm’s talent strategy. This is a new position, and the ideal candidate has HR management experience, or progressive HR generalist experience and is looking for the next step in their career.
We foster a culture where all people can fully express themselves and thrive, and this individual will be a key partner in our mission. The HR Manager will develop creative solutions to centralizing our people management strategy and will be empowered to build out innovative processes and tools.
This role reports to, and works closely with, the Director of Operations.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the firm’s people management strategy
- Represent HR to senior stakeholders
- Address employee relations issues at all levels
- Manage talent acquisition, including attracting, sourcing, interviewing, hiring, and onboarding employees
- Manage EDI efforts; looks at all aspects of the work through a lens of equity
- Coordinate learning and development opportunities and resources
- Manage visa and work permit applications
- Conduct exit interviews and employee engagement surveys; collect and analyze data; share as appropriate and participate in change management
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintain an expert level of knowledge on trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, compensation, and employment law
- Assist with additional projects as needed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Especially skilled in building relationships across an organization
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize initiatives
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Minimum of five years of progressive HR experience
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience in the design and construction industry is a plus
- PHR preferred
DiMella Shaffer is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and, as one of our core values, we actively support diversity, equity, and inclusion. People of Color, trans and gender nonconforming/nonbinary people, people from poor and working-class backgrounds, parents or people with dependents are encouraged to apply.