As a Junior Designer / Architect at DiMella Shaffer, you will work collaboratively as a part of a high functioning, team delivering design excellence across a variety of markets. The team is responsible for balancing quality, creativity, and functionality while working to exceed client goals. Through design, management, detailing, and communication, the Junior Designer / Architect will help our community create places where people live, learn, work, and play.
DiMella Shaffer could be right for you if:
- You are eager to contribute to and support a design team.
- You want to get better. You are willing to listen to critique, digest feedback, and hop back in the game.
- You may still be learning, but you have a hunger to learn. .
- You are passionate about beautiful, high-performance environments for people.
- You have a bit of experience. You know what it’s like to work at a firm and how a set of drawings go together.
- You have looked at, developed, and understand the importance of details.
- You may not know everything, but you are curious to learn more.
Things we value, but are not required to apply:
- 0-5 years of professional experience
- Degree in Architecture
- A desire to obtain your Architectural Registration (we are happy to help you get there)
- Strong conceptual design and schematic design skills
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphics software
- Advanced understanding of Revit
- LEED, WELL, or Passive House certification a plus
- Expertise in Sketch-Up/Lumion
DiMella Shaffer is curious about you:
- Who / What is your biggest influence?
- How do you like to spend you time outside of work?
- What do you hope to achieve or learn?
- Why did you choose a career in design?
DiMella Shaffer is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and, as one of our core values, we actively support diversity, equity, and inclusion. People of Color, trans and gender nonconforming/nonbinary people, people from poor and working-class backgrounds, parents or people with dependents are encouraged to apply.