DiMella Shaffer is looking for a Marketing Coordinator with 2-4+ years of professional experience. The position offers an opportunity to grow a professional marketing career in a collaborative and team-oriented environment while substantively contributing to the success of the firm.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications and will work closely with the Marketing Manager and the Director of Marketing + Communications, as well as the leadership team, senior staff, and project managers.
- Works closely with principals and project teams to produce high quality proposals and presentations in the pursuit of new work
- Assumes ownership of all proposal content, writing and/or editing compelling narrative, ensuring that information is communicated clearly, reflects defined strategy, and aligns with the firm’s overall brand
- Leads proposal meetings and establishes timelines and assignments to ensure deadlines are met
- Maintain marketing systems for project data, mailing lists, project sheets and resumes
- Support business development activities and events
- Manage awards, conference, and event schedules
- Assumes ownership of award submissions
- Assist with photoshoots
- Works closely with marketing team members to improve department processes and procedures
- Performs other duties as requested by the Director of Marketing + Communications
Skills and Qualifications:
- An interest in continual learning, improvement, and efficiency
- An eye for detail
- An interest in design
- Enthusiastic problem solver and creative thinker
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
- Passionate about the client or pursuit
- Able to see the big picture
- The ability to operate under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to pitch in when and where needed
- An aptitude for creating, choosing, and organizing images and typography in such a way that supports the DiMella Shaffer brand
- A strong work ethic, sense of ownership and pride in their work
- A sense of humor and grace under pressure
- BA in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or Design is preferred
- Experience in the design and construction industry is a plus
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign and Photoshop)
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office software suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Understanding of concepts, practices, and procedures in the design profession
All candidates must include a cover letter when applying for this position. Those without a cover letter will be dismissed.
DiMella Shaffer is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and, as one of our core values, we actively support diversity, equity, and inclusion. People of Color, trans and gender nonconforming/nonbinary people, people from poor and working-class backgrounds, parents or people with dependents are encouraged to apply.