DiMella Shaffer is seeking an Office Manager to oversee all aspects of administrative and office management including, but not limited to; guest services, schedule coordination, and execution of office initiatives. This is an opportunity to use your talent for customer service to serve as the face of the firm and provide the backbone to all of the moving parts within the office day-to-day activities, utilize customer service, organizational and operational skills in a dynamic, fun, and professional environment.
DiMella Shaffer could be right for you if:
- You are eager to contribute to a team environment.
- You are self-starting, organized, enthusiastic and thoughtful.
- You enjoy solving challenges and ensuring operations run smoothly.
- You have a bit of experience understanding architecture and design services, and are willing to bring a fresh attitude and perspective to the office.
- You are willing to offer ideas, digest feedback, take opinions into consideration and offer the best solutions.
Things to help you succeed:
- Natural ability to provide a fun, optimistic and energetic attitude to the office and interactions with colleagues, guests, or clients
- Highly organized and mission focused – ability to complete tasks accurately and efficiently
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to balance and prioritize many requests that occur within the work environment
- Basic to mid-level knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 Productivity Suite and able to assist users to complete routine tasks
- Pleasant and professional demeanor
- Ability to manage confidential information
- High-school diploma (college degree preferred)
- Organize office events and party planning (Flu Shots, Monthly Meetings, Holiday Parties, Summer Outing, etc.)
- Maintain and oversee calendars and scheduling of various office meeting spaces/conference rooms
- Assist with coordinating client, vendor, and/or guest meetings
- Coordinate travel arrangements for the office
- Keep stock of all kitchen and pantry items and organize/coordinate delivery
- Communicate with building management to resolve any related issues, including cleaning quality, HVAC, etc.
- Work with the printing services vendor representative to confirm materials and supplies are ordered and machines are serviced in a timely fashion
- Coordinate any services or orders for equipment, furniture or materials not under building management or printing service vendor’s purview
- Communicate with FedEx, USPS, UPS, City Express, and others to maintain quality service
- Maintain up to date materials such as sign-in sheets, employee contacts, and intranet based documents
- Maintain Access File and Data Storage database tracking all archived documents
- Manage Reference Library and Periodical Collection
- Support and Coordinate personnel recruitment efforts, including phone screening, scheduling interviews and conducting new-employee orientations
- Conduct employee orientation and welcome procedures
- Track staff tenure, registrations, certifications, symposium attendance
- Coordination of performance and 90-day staff reviews
Successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Operations, Director of Finance and with Senior Leadership. Position salary and title will be commensurate with experience.
At DiMella Shaffer, our reputation for delivering design excellence is based on our ability to attract and retain creative, curious people who are eager to learn and grow within a collaborative environment.
We practice the art of balance. It is our mission to help our clients make the world more beautiful, functional and sustainable. We believe that thoughtful buildings positively influence our environment. At the same time, we recognize that architecture is a craft, as well as, a business. And, that success is ultimately achieved through the balance of both. Emphasizing a pragmatic approach, we focus on innovative design thinking, high-performance teamwork, and proactive project management to ensure our vision meets each client’s budget, schedule, and goals.
DiMella Shaffer is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are strongly in favor of diversity and inclusion.