Internship Dates: Monday, January 8, 2024 – Friday, April 19, 2024
As a Design Support Intern at DiMella Shaffer, you will work collaboratively as a part of our design support team, delivering design excellence across a variety of markets. Our team is responsible for balancing quality, creativity, and functionality while working to exceed client goals. Through design research, site analysis, producing conceptual renderings, and compiling design presentation packages, the Design Support Intern will help our design support team create inspiring spaces for people to live, learn, work, and play.
DiMella Shaffer could be right for you if:
- You are eager to contribute to and support a design team.
- You want to develop your design skills and are open to feedback.
- You are passionate about creating beautiful, high-performance environments for people.
- You are curious and eager to learn!
Things we value, but are not required to apply:
- In pursuit of a professional degree, or recently obtained professional degree
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphics software
- Proficiency in Revit
- Expertise in Sketch-Up/Lumion
The responsibilities of the Design Support Intern, guided by Senior Designers, encompasses a diverse range of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Conducting comprehensive design research.
- Performing thorough site and context analysis.
- Creating preliminary massing studies utilizing 3D software like Rhino and/or Sketchup.
- Generating drawings using Autodesk Revit.
- Producing conceptual renderings using software such as Enscape or Lumion.
- Compiling design presentation packages using tools like Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and Affinity Publisher.
- Fabricating physical models utilizing 3D printers.
DiMella Shaffer is curious about you:
- Who / What is your biggest influence?
- How do you like to spend your time outside of work?
- What do you hope to achieve or learn?
- Why did you choose a career in design?
DiMella Shaffer is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and, as one of our core values, we actively support diversity, equity, and inclusion. People of Color, trans and gender nonconforming/nonbinary people, people from poor and working-class backgrounds, parents or people with dependents are encouraged to apply.