At DiMella Shaffer you will work collaboratively as a part of a dynamic team delivering outstanding design and technical expertise in our robust Science and Technology practice. Our diverse Life Science practice includes office/headquarters, R&D laboratories, GMP/Pilot Plant facilities and Base Building Construction. Our team is responsible for balancing quality, creativity, and functionality while working to exceed client goals. Through design, management, detailing, and communication, the Lab Planner and/or Lab Architect will help our community create exceptional workplace environments.
DiMella Shaffer could be right for you if:
- You have strong conceptual/technical lab planning skills.
- You have a strong ability to execute life science projects.
- You can produce high-quality design, and project documentation.
- You are excited to use your knowledge to mentor younger peers and staff.
- You are passionate about creating beautiful, high-performance environments.
- You have experience working independently.
Things we value, but are not required:
- 5-15 years of experience in planning and/or executing commercial life science projects.
- Degree in Architecture
- Licensed Architect or a desire for Architectural Registration (we are happy to help you get there)
- Ability to lead consultant coordination
- Knowledge of codes as they pertain to project scope
- Advanced understanding of Revit
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphics software a plus
- LEED, WELL, or Passive House certification a plus
DiMella Shaffer is curious about you:
- Who / What is your biggest influence?
- How do you like to spend your time outside of work?
- What do you hope to achieve or learn?
- Why did you choose a career in design?
DiMella Shaffer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EOE) employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply!