At DiMella Shaffer you will work collaboratively as a part of a high functioning, team delivering outstanding design and technical expertise in our growing Science and Technology practice. Our diverse Life Science practice includes office/headquarters, R&D laboratories, GMP/Pilot Plant facilities and Base Building Construction. The team is responsible for balancing quality, creativity, and functionality while working to exceed client goals. Through design, management, detailing, and communication, the Lab Planner and/or Lab Architect will help our community create exceptional workplace environments.
DiMella Shaffer could be right for you if:
- You have strong conceptual/technical lab planning skills
- You have a strong ability to execute life science projects.
- You can produce high-quality design, and project documentation.
- You are excited to use your knowledge to mentor younger peers and staff.
- You are passionate about beautiful, high-performance environments for people.
- You comfortable with your experience to work independently.
Things we value, but are not required:
- 5-15 years of experience in planning and/or executing commercial life science projects.
- Degree in Architecture
- Licensed Architect or a desire for Architectural Registration (we are happy to help you get there)
- Ability to lead consultant coordination
- Maintain rolling forecast of revenues and expenses for the firm
- Knowledge of codes as they pertain to project scope
- Advanced understanding of Revit
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphics software a plus
- LEED, WELL, or Passive House certification a plus
DiMella Shaffer is curious about you:
- Who / What is your biggest influence?
- How do you like to spend your time outside of work?
- What do you hope to achieve or learn?
- Why did you choose a career in design?
DiMella Shaffer is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and, as one of our core values, we actively support diversity, equity, and inclusion. People of Color, trans and gender nonconforming/nonbinary people, people from poor and working-class backgrounds, parents or people with dependents are encouraged to apply.