Mid-Level Designer / Architect.
7 to 12 years of experience.
As a Mid-Level Designer / Architect at DiMella Shaffer, you will work collaboratively as a part of a high functioning team delivering design excellence across a variety of markets. The team is responsible for balancing quality, creativity, and functionality while working to exceed client goals. Through design, management, detailing, and communication, the Mid-Level Designer / Architect will contribute to a diverse team creating places where people live, learn, work, and play.
DiMella Shaffer could be right for you if:
- You can produce high-quality design and deliverables in construction documents.
- You want to get better. You are willing to listen to critique, digest feedback, and hop back in the game.
- You are excited to use your knowledge to mentor younger peers and staff.
- You are passionate about beautiful, high-performance environments for people.
- You have experience. You are comfortable working independently with little supervision.
- You can develop detailed design concepts.
- You may not know everything, but you are curious.
Things to help you succeed:
- Degree in Architecture from an accredited program
- Architectural Registration or within two years of hire
- 7-12 years of professional experience
- Strong conceptual design and schematic design skills
- Ability to lead consultant coordination
- Ability to assemble construction documents for a variety of project types
- Knowledge of zoning regulations and general permitting process
- Knowledge of codes as they pertain to project scope
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphics software
- Advanced understanding of Revit
Other preferred qualifications, but not required:
- LEED, WELL, or Passive House certification a plus
- Expertise in Sketch-Up/Lumion
At DiMella Shaffer, our reputation for delivering design excellence is based on our ability to attract and retain creative, curious people who are eager to learn and grow within a collaborative environment.
We practice the art of balance. It is our mission to help our clients make the world more beautiful, functional and sustainable. We believe that thoughtful buildings positively influence our environment. At the same time, we recognize that architecture is a craft, as well as, a business. And, that success is ultimately achieved through the balance of both. Emphasizing a pragmatic approach, we focus on innovative design thinking, high-performance teamwork, and proactive project management to ensure our vision meets each client’s budget, schedule, and goals.
DiMella Shaffer is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are strongly in favor of diversity and inclusion.