As a Mid-Level Designer / Architect at DiMella Shaffer, you will work collaboratively as a part of a dynamic team delivering design excellence across a variety of markets. Our team is responsible for balancing quality, creativity, and functionality while working to exceed client goals. Through design, management, detailing, and communication, the Mid-Level Designer / Architect will help our community create inspiring places for people live, learn, work, and play.
DiMella Shaffer could be right for you if:
- You can produce high-quality design, and deliverables in construction documents.
- You want to develop your skillsets and are open to feedback.
- You are excited to use your knowledge to mentor younger peers and staff.
- You are passionate about beautiful, high-performance environments for people.
- You have experience and are comfortable working independently with little supervision.
- You can develop detailed design concepts.
- You are curious and eager to learn!
Things we value, but are not required to apply:
- 8 – 13 years of professional experience
- Degree in Architecture
- Architectural Registration or within two years of hire (we are happy to help you get there)
- Strong conceptual design and schematic design skills
- Ability to lead consultant coordination
- Knowledge of zoning regulations and general permitting process
- Knowledge of codes as they pertain to project scope
- Proficiency in 3D modeling, visualization, and graphics software
- Advanced understanding of Revit
- LEED, WELL, or Passive House certification a plus
- Expertise in Sketch-Up/Lumion
DiMella Shaffer is curious about you:
- Who / What is your biggest influence?
- How do you like to spend your time outside of work?
- What do you hope to achieve or learn?
- Why did you choose a career in design?
DiMella Shaffer is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity (EOE) employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. All interested applicants are encouraged to apply!