DiMella Shaffer is seeking an individual with the skills, experience, and vision to serve as the firm’s Sustainability Practice Leader. This position will lead strategy, education, design support, advocacy, and mentorship related to environmental, social sustainability, and resiliency issues for the firm.
You will work directly with firm leadership to define the firm’s sustainability goals and will collaborate with design staff on projects, attend client meetings, facilitate design charrettes, refine project delivery and design processes, and quantify project sustainability metrics.
Things we will work with you to achieve:
- Develop a broad-based, firm-wide perspective on all aspects of sustainability and resiliency across our market sectors
- Lead the Sustainability Working Group on firm commitments & project metrics such as the AIA 2030 Commitment, AIA Material Health, etc.
- Develop sustainable approaches and metrics that respond to environmental and social factors in our work.
- Assist project teams by managing sub-consultants commissioned to support project work and by providing internal consultation on sustainability and resiliency strategies related to project delivery, firm sustainability commitments, and firm design standards
- Participate in the firm’s marketing efforts through preparation of sustainability materials, attend interviews, and develop scopes of service for sustainable approaches on a variety of design projects.
- Mentor and motivate staff, develop training materials, conduct in-house training programs, and develop internal sustainability coordinators and sustainability skills of existing design staff.
Things we value:
- Specific experience with delivering high-performance buildings including low energy/ carbon design for buildings, low water use, design for health and wellness, healthy materials, and resiliency.
- LEED or other professional accreditations
- Building Performance Analytics: Energy modeling, carbon modeling, climate analyses, daylighting and radiation studies, outdoor thermal comfort analyses
- A background in architecture, design, or sustainable science related fields.
Things we are curious about you:
- Who / What is your biggest influence?
- How do you like to spend your time outside of work?
- What do you hope to achieve or learn?
DiMella Shaffer is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and, as one of our core values, we actively support diversity, equity, and inclusion. People of Color, trans and gender nonconforming/nonbinary people, people from poor and working-class backgrounds, parents or people with dependents are encouraged to apply.